Monday, May 19, 2008

One final hurdle



As I ponder the final hurdle in this journey--the bar exam--it's worth remembering yesterday's festivities. It was an amazing day. As I walked to the stage to be hooded, it was wonderful to be accompanied by my giddy daughter. I was surprised that we received an ovation for being the first father-daughter combination to graduate from KU Law in the same class. And then to stand on stage on watch her be hooded was priceless. I won't ever forget the day and all the emotions it produced. I guess the only downside to all of this is reading a story about us in the Topeka Capital-Journal this morning. At the end of the online version, the first comment is a lawyer joke. I guess I've gone from being a member of one hated profession--the media--to the member of another. People hate lawyers, until they need one. No matter. It was still a great day for our family. I will never forget it.

No comments: