Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Barzam

After a sputtering start last week, bar exam prep began in earnest this week. I started with Criminal Law. I enjoyed criminal law when I was at the DA's office, but I didn't like it much in law school. I think it was because I didn't like the instructor. He wanted to spend too much time talking about how a retributivist would view punishment compared to the views of a utilitarian. Unless I'm going to be writing criminal code, I'm not sure it matters. Just tell me what the elements of arson are. I then structure my questioning and evidence to prove (beyond a reasonable doubt) the elements of the crime. Anyway, this instructor had a depraved heart who made it painful to come to class. In spite of this, I made it to every one of the crim law classes except the day Aimee passed out and smacked her head on the sink in her apartment (she had walking pneumonia). As a 1L , I was just too afraid to miss class. You never know when that will be the day that the prof. hands out the answers to the final. Well, tomorrow it's criminal procedure all over again. That means it's time to reacquaint myself with the Amendments 4 through 6, 8 and 14.

No comments: