Sunday, September 2, 2007

Law school assignment: Oread polyptych


This was produced as a first-day assignment for my Intellectual Property class in law school. My description/rationale is below:

I am always looking for ways to reinterpret my work, both aesthetically and economically. My idea was to repurpose existing images I had made for a calendar into something that would be a collectible art print for KU alums. I used some of my existing iconic KU campus images showing well-known campus details photographed from a different perspective and architectural details. I created layers in Photoshop using textures I had photographed, giving the images a weathered or distressed look. I then put the four selected images together in a polyptych (quadtych), output as a Giclee print on archival watercolor paper.

No comments: