Monday, May 28, 2007

Winds of change



The past 10 days have been a whirlwind of rites-of-passage experiences for our family. In that span, Mallory was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, received highest distinction from the University of Kansas, and got married. All of this before she heads off to medical school this summer. Her younger sister Kelsey graduated from high school yesterday. She heads off to college in August. But we won't be empty nesters just yet. One of my law school classmates, who just happens to be my oldest daughter Aimee, is moving back home for her final year of law school. Consequently, I awoke this morning dizzy and exhausted. Tomorrow, I begin an internship with the Douglas County District Attorney. Life is much different now than this time last year. Who woulda thunk it?

2 comments:

Doug said...

Welcome to blog-land Earl. It's fun and kind of demanding all at the same time. Sounds like you had a crazy, but hopefully fun weekend. I only had one graduate from high school and I'm feeling spent today. Good luck with your summer gig. Can I say I have a friend in the DA's office now?

-doug

Earl said...

As long as I am in the DA's office, you'll always have a friend there